- Summer Programs
- Berkshire Outdoor Center
- About Us
For over 100 years, Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA has been a significant force in the development of the members of its community. The greatest impact of the Becket-Chimney Corners experience can be seen in the lifelong connections formed through this extraordinary place. It is our goal to help all members of our community to connect with each other in meaningful ways that extend well beyond the summer camp experience for our alumni, staff, families and friends.
With that goal in mind we offer the following tools to the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA community to help facilitate these connections, especially in the career development environment.
How YOU Can Help...
We are seeking members of our community who are interested in sharing their time and expertise with both the younger members of our community who are seeking help in career and education choices, and with peers. Here are some ways you can help now:
1. Join the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA Linkedin group. Through this online vehicle, alumni, staff, camp parents and friends can share job and educational opportunities as well as their life experience and wisdom and be an easily accessible resource for our young - and not so young - alumni.
2. Participate in the newest effort within the Career Networking initiative and become a Career Advisor within the BCC Career Advisor Network. You can learn about this new initiative through the BCC Career Advisor Network profile and description here.
To become a Career Advisor, please complete a brief application form linked below to be added to a list of camp friends interested in mentoring members of the camp community. As a member of this group, your name and contact information will be kept on file at the camps, and shared selectively with staff and young alumni looking for specific information and/or contacts in a specific industry. To enhance you online presence in this new role, please also join the BCC Career Advisor Network subgroup to our larger Linkedin group.
* Apply to become a BCC Career Advisor NOW!
3. Additionally, we are also seeking graduates, admissions staff, professors, guidance counselors, current and former athletes and educators from colleges and universities who are willing to speak to younger staff about the college search process as part of this initiative. Click the link above to become a Career Advisor if you wish to help others in our community with these challenges and opportunities as well.
4. Attend camp and alumni events to network with younger alumni and staff.
How WE Can Help...
If you are an alumni, staff member or participant who is seeking guidance on a career or college choice, here are some ways to access support from the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA community:
1. Join the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA Linkedin group and share your need or interest with the group, or contact an individual Career Advisor in the BCC Career Advisor Network subgroup.
2. Contact camp directly with your question or need to be connected with a mentor. We'll find the right person(s) to connect you with to keep you moving forward! Email us at email@example.com now!
3. Attend on and off camp networking forums, other camp events, Alumni Weekends and get-togethers to network with other alumni, parents, friends and mentors. Check our Regional Events Calendar here!
4. Current staff members and Leaders-in-Training will receive special opportunities during the summer to meet, mingle and network with our alumni and parent communities.